cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Shattered camera glass. No impact.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. I'm a fan of Samsung products and have been using different versions of the Galaxy for years as they have been released. I bought the Note 20 Ultra 5G the day it was released and put it in a Pelican case before leaving the store because I know that I'm hard on my phone. I set my phone on my kitchen counter today and ate a sandwich. When I picked it up, the glass over the camera had shattered. I've babied this thing, and there was no reason for that glass to break short of the temperature fluctuation from outside my house to inside, which may have been 20° from the low fifties up to room temperature. Hopefully Samsung will address this issue.
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

Not sure how this happened, but I can say that a temperature fluctuation is likely not the issue.  I live in Colorado, and on Monday the outside temperatures hit 103 degrees.  Then on Tuesday, it never got above 50, and it started snowing.  I have had my Note20 Ultra 5G since 08/18/2020.  No cracks yet on my Camera glass, yet. 

Not sure if this is a widespread issue, like it was with the S20 Ultra as this is only the third post I have seen on it (in these forums), but who knows

Highlighted

Re: Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

I agree with you on that. I also live in Colorado and where I live we went from 102 on Monday down to a high of 32 on Tuesday. But I was in and out from the cold to the warm and back to the cold all day.

I think if the issue is temperature related, it only exploited what already may have been a defect in the OP's glass.
Highlighted

Re: Shattered camera glass. No impact.

This is a defect from the camera glass that's been happening with Samsung phones for a while now.
Highlighted
Constellation

is Samsung doing anything about it?
Highlighted

Well the Note20 and Note20 Ultra have a much different camera glass setup than the Note10 and Note10+, so some issues are expected. The S20 Ultra had as worse issues the damaged camera glasses on some units looked like bullet holes.
Highlighted
Constellation

Cracked camera

I just bought my new galaxy note s20 ultra and the camera noe has a crack....brand new!!! Saw gorum and looks like this is an issue from samsung. I may just file a class action law suit for a recall repair or replacement. Anyone have any other suggestion?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Cracked camera

You're only the second person I've seen to have randomly cracked camera lenses on the note 20. Let's calm down and wait to see if there's a real issue like there was with the s20, or if these are more isolated issues. I've seen this issue happen with every phone launch, including iphones, where peoples lenses just spontaneously shatter.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Another rear camera crack

I got my note 20 ultra on release day. 

This was a huge upgrade for me. I had been nursing my S7 for a very very long time and I saved a lot of money to be able to buy this on release day.

Typically I am not a fan of phone cases. They're clunky, annoying and in my opinion detract from the overall appearance and usability of the device. However as I spent $1500 (About 1600 after taxes) I decided it would probably be a good idea to get an Otterbox Defender.

My phone didn't spend more than 4 seconds out of the box before I put it in the case. I hadn't even turned it on yet.

Today when I lifted my phone off the wireless charging pad to take a picture of something for a client I went to wipe the camera glass and was shocked to see that the glass was cracked.  I haven't even put this phone on a table harder than I would a child. I have never put it in my pocket, it's always been on my belt. I haven't dinged it... There's not even a scuff or fingerprint on the case.... 

... I'm speechless, livid, and heartbroken. After calling Asurion because I had insurance through Verizon they told me there's no way I should start a claim, they recommended that I contact Verizon. Verizon said there's nothing I can do with them and then connected me with Samsung. 

Samsung said that they need to put a $150 hold on my card and told me that there's a very good chance that they will not be covering this at all and that it has voided the warranty. 

I emptied out my savings to buy a phone I thought I would have for another 5-7 years. I find this incredulous. 

If Samsung looks at these my ticket number is 223-534-9491

There's 100's of messages like this. Tons of articles. You guys have got to make this right. This is the most I have EVER spent on a phone. 

2020-08-31.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Another rear camera crack

Did you ever get this resolved? I know this had been a known issue with the S20 Ultra.