Original topic:

Slow/ non-existent function of numerous functions.

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 07:06 AM)
gregmc58
Constellation
Options
Note20

This Note 20 5G is operating painfully slow. After not being able to connect to many websites for "timing out " it was suggested that I perform a partial Network Restore and restart the phone. Procedure completed. Connection improved but problem returned after a few hours. Multiple actions unable to be completed. After phone was restarted the WI-FI calling would not connect and phone suggested to try again later. Multiple tasks under "Notification History " were listed multiple times, were unable to be completed and suggested to "Try again later ." A section labeled "Software Update " was unable to connect after several minutes and finally said, "Try again later. " Another Notification said,  "One Drive  has been preparing since 11/26/22 " This Notification was observed at 7am on 11/27/22. Numerous other tasks move extremely slow, never connecting. The solution is always,  "Try again later " if it is able to get that far. Sometimes when a call is initiated the ring tone is heard one time before disconnecting. If the same call is attempted immediately after the first call, the call usually rings through.  Other miscellaneous tasks actually move so slowly they never complete. This phone was purchased on Samsung Credit and I was supposed to be able to receive a $500.00 credit toward a new phone when this phone was paid for to the 50% point. I tried to make several new phone purchases but was never able to get the Samsung. Com site offer the $500.00 credit. This phone is about 2 payments away from being paid in full and the credit offer has been very limited and not close to the $500.00 offer. I am interested in a  new phone but I am not satisfied with the $200.00 credit offer when every part of the phone looks and operates like it did when I first received it (except for being slow but returns to normal operating speed after being reset. The screen is intact.) The phone shouldn't need reset every day to maintain normal operating speed. Does Samsung have a fix or an offer towards a new phone? I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks. 

4 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Note20
Try rebooting into recovery mode, clear the cache, and then run the repair apps option. Your phone will restart. Test out. LMK if this helps! GL!
0 Likes
bighornedbeast
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I do this almost everyday because it does help for about an hour and then right back to same old same ol I have Uninstaller almost all of my 3rd party apps and am just running what samsung forces and I'm fixing to change here in a couple days I see there alot of people screaming same thing then I just read an article that samsung has installed a app to do this on purpose this is what will lose this customer for good no need to play games it's why I'm an android user I left apple over there battery scam back 2008
0 Likes
bighornedbeast
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My factory unlocked note 20 painfully slow delete cache only helps at first hour maybe and it doesn't matter if I'm on Verizon network or my 1500gb downloaf 500gb upload home internet it just gets stuck then I'll touch the screen and then it will go I don't want a folding phone amd I'm not gaining to upgrade while my note has this issue I will change brands
0 Likes
bighornedbeast
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I do see questionable samsung apps that are using or controlling my resources when I'm doing nothing but looking at my system apps why would my browser stop browsing until I literally touch my screen then it will go I have tested this theory a thousand times and that's exactly I touch the browser resumes chrome