cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Smart Lock

Hi all,

I have been curious about this for some time, or at least I think that I noticed it for the first time after the switch from Android 9 to Android 10. Like I said quite some time ago Smiley Happy

Does anyone know why Smart Lock is asking so often for Biometrics. At least it is not Smart Lock that is asking for it but my phone when I want to unlock it.

I have Smart Lock set up to use trusted devices, in other words if my galaxy watch is connected, it should stay unlocked. However it seems that doesn't stay unlocked and it is very frustrating.

I fully understand that after 4 hours of inactivity you have to use biometrics, and I am also aware that once every 24 hours you have to use biometrics. But what is happening is just so odd. It can ask for biometrics very randomly and sometimes with minutes between unlocks. Recently I started check my status bar to see if it shows bluetooth as connected to either my watch or my car, and it does.

I have had this issue with my S10 plus as well, and funny enough only on Android 10. Android 9 was working as I expected.

I hope someone else has experiences with it or even better a solution.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Asteroid

Re: Smart Lock

Schnoobins, I just joined to ask the same thing except that I use a password on smart lock. I have it set to recognize trusted location (my house, specifically) and, honestly, it seemed to work when I first set up and turned on smart lock. But later, it began asking me to log in every time I picked up the phone ... and I am REALLY bad and HATE trying to type on the phone keyboard LOL - so this is getting to be a very UNPLEASANT experience :-( ... I recently lost a phone - for the first time in years and years - and, it was SUCH a hassle that I thought the smart lock would be great ... but it's not proving to be very successful, at least for me. ANY info on what I can do to fix this, short of turning smart lock off, will be greatly appreciated.  I don't have kids, so I can't offer my first born as reward ... but you will have my most sincere appreciation indeed.
Asteroid

BTW, sorry - my problem is on an s20+ and droid 10

Asteroid

Ok - an update to Android 11 seems to have greatly helped the issue of smartlock not seeming to work as expected. I'm not sure it has fully resolved the issue but it's gone a long way in the "right" direction. Thanks