Original topic:

Some apps are not working properly after many updates

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 12:56 PM)
Angelie
Asteroid
Options
Note20

A few months ago my phone have a lot of updates and some apps aren't work.

The connections and calls I did never work and sometimes still bad. 

Screen black or blue. 
When I open an app it's just freeze.
When I call someone always the people told me I can't heard you or I lost connection. 

:expressionless_face:
0 Likes
10 Replies
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

I would try clearing the cache and repairing the apps. Just note, "doing this you will not lose any data." during updates little bugs creep in and clearing the cache usually solves it.

1. Turn OFF your phone and remove any charging cables
  2. Press and hold the Volume UP and POWER buttons at the same time
  3. Release the buttons after the phone powers on and displays the Android logo
  4. The phone will display No Command; after several seconds, The Android Recovery Menu should appear
    • Note: If the Android logo followed by the Android Recovery Menu doesn't appear, you'll need to start the process again
  5. Press the Volume DOWN button to highlight wipe cache partition
  6. Press the POWER button to select it
  7. Press the Volume DOWN button to highlight Yes and press the POWER button to select it
  8. After the Cache Wipe is complete, menu items will reappear, with Reboot system now highlighted
  9. Press the POWER button to select it
  10. choose repair apps.
  11. phone will reboot after this completes!
Angelie
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I did that a few weeks and also I reset my phone 2 times and still doing the same thing.
:expressionless_face:
What I should do?
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

This might sound off the wall but. First is the phone new, if so go to your carrier sand let them check it out.

Second, how old is your sim card. If you upgraded phones with the same carrier they usually just put the Sim card from your old phone into the new one.  I just watched a video that showed worn card can cause all sorts of buggy problems.

in the mean time if your comfortable doing so, you can pull out the card and clean the gold contacts off. I've gently used a pencil eraser and a qtip to wipe off the debris after. Also before putting it back in, hold the phone upside down and blow out the slot.

0 Likes
Angelie
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks for the information, if I have done it by watching tutorials and it does not work. I also took him to my provider and changed the sim card, also my provider sent me to a technician to verify the cell phone these days and I'm waiting to see what happens.

My phone has not been used for more than 7 months and all this time it has gotten worse, nothing makes it better.

Thanks for your quick response.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello,

Can you give a bit more detail on which specific apps you are experiencing this with?

Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode?

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device. 

Also, make sure the apps you are experiencing issues with are currently up to date.

Angelie
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Hello!

I did and still not working :\.
0 Likes
Angelie
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I can't connect to my wifi also to my provider red. :expressionless_face: