Original topic:

Sooo... is my Note now a Pixel, or an iPhone?

(Topic created: 05-15-2022 08:47 PM)
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm pretty aware that my phone and entire home network for that matter is compromised, but it gets frustrating when you're on some random copy of Chrome or Chromium or (insert browser here) and you manage your way to Samsung page, from your Note 20+5G only to have them tell you to visit from a Samsung Device. Or check your device and find Linux or other Apple software. Or go to update and be told your on a Google Pixel. Any way to fix these remoteconnects? 
0 Likes
2 Replies
U_EitherUltraOrYaNot
Constellation
Options
Note20
Well, if the comprised phone and network isn't your concern (should be) you could find an add on on certain web browsers that allow you to "spoof" your device your using. I believe these work by communicating header info to the web page from your browser telling it your whatever device you decide to send it. I am not sure how reliably this works but it's something to give a try.
0 Likes
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Note20
You referring to open source coding through Chrome or Chromium? Yeah, the more I try to knock them off gaurd the more they beat my OS versions of my firmware and software to a pulp and half my stuff don't work right. I am of course concerned about my home network and our phones and other smart devices. They are all messed up. But I don't have control right now. I get a piece of it back for a second then I lose it all. Take for instance Samsung Members here. Used to be blue and ran a much more complicated test for my device. All my apps are swapped. Idk.
0 Likes