Original topic:

Spen wont connect to note20 ultra

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 01:05 PM)
userFFioMcA7vS
Constellation
Options
Note20
I broke my spen & read that the s10 spen works with the note20 ultra. I can't get this spen to connect to my note but I can still use it to write with. How can I connect this spen to my note so I can use the other features? I tried to reset it but still says disconnected. 
7 Replies
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My Spen keeps disconnecting from my Note 10 plus. Started happening after last update (July)
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Note 10 uses a gen 1, the 20 uses a gen 2.... on Android 10 OS that's optimized for the gen 1 and gen 2 compatible somethings would work but prolly not on 11, using a gen 1 from the 10, trying to uses features that were not introduced to the spen till the 20 like air actions utilizing the different channel it uses to bt connect to your phone vs the channel the 20 spen uses. You could try and open the dev options, scroll to the Bluetooth version, codecs, channel etc and research what the gen 1 pen uses vs the gen 2 and see if you can change your phone to that and see if that helps though I'd be careful if your not experienced in there. Or.. 40 bucks buys a new gen 2 pen
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@SelfProclaimedBest this isn't correct. A Note 10 S Pen will work just fine with a Note 20. The air actions were introduced before the Note 10. 

0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Ehhh.. the air gestures anywhere actions??? Huh? Like the remote shutter control and sideshow controller in Dex air actions? Pretty sure those are new note 20 spen features as well as being a new spen gen type from the 9 and 10 no? With a much needed responsiveness or am I wrong? Either way I'm betting the gen 1 vs gen 2 way it bt connects is the reason why only certain features are usable with the note 10 spen
0 Likes
Options
Note20
If your S Pen won’t connect to your phone or if it doesn’t seem to be charging, resetting the S Pen is a quick fix. To reset it, open Settings, and then search for and select S Pen. Tap S Pen again, then tap S Pen remote or Air actions, and then tap More options (the three vertical dots). Tap Reset S Pen and wait for the S Pen to reset itself.

Note: Resetting your S Pen will revert all of its features, including remote commands, to their default settings

0 Likes
userFFioMcA7vS
Constellation
Options
Note20
I tried this before posting & it doesn't connect. It works for drawing or writing but no air actions.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
That is what I do when swap my s pens. I like to switch between colors but both of my s pen are for the note 20