JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spotify 6 free months

(Topic created on: 8/20/20 2:28 PM)
Butterzlul
Constellation
Options
Note20

Just received my new note20 and wanted to redeem 6 free months of spotify but when I log in and go to premium tab and I dont see the 6 months offer at all. All I see are the paid services.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

The details are here -> https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy/offers/spotify/

It is "Only for users who haven’t tried Spotify Premium before."

Also "The offer will be available for redemption through March 6, 2021."

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

The details are here -> https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy/offers/spotify/

It is "Only for users who haven’t tried Spotify Premium before."

Also "The offer will be available for redemption through March 6, 2021."

View solution in context

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

Samsung shouldn't advertise those offers the way they do. You WILL NOT receive a single minute of free YouTube Premium, or Spotify, as part of your purchase. They aren't gifts. 

The offers are meant to snag new users, and they're just free trials any NEW user can get just for asking the respective services.

That's why, if you've ever tried the service before, you won't get anything. 

You COULD try a new email address as a workaround, but I haven't seen what the sign-up requires. 

kateyes
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I just used a new email and got the 6 months for free.
0 Likes
CrazyNoteUser
Asteroid
Options
Note20
this weird advertisement on Samsung part.
0 Likes
userl4H0Oo2mxY
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I don't think it's weird advertising.

It's false advertisement at its best. This should not be advertised as free, but instead as a first time trial highlighted and not hidden in fine prints.

This enough was the reason for be to return the s20.

userjMBAyBCtPr
Constellation
Options
Note20

This false advertising at it's finest. You put YouTube free for 4 months and Spotify for 6 months BIG AND BOLD which was my main decision to purchase through you instead of other authorized dealers, then it turns out it is only for NEW MEMBERS. This is FOUL! This is my last time purchasing from your site, let alone maybe a Samsung period because of the misleading advertisement. 

userl4H0Oo2mxY
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm agreed. I have since returned the s20 and looking at pixel 5 as an alternative.

userzIu5wDnpgw
Astronaut
Options
Note20

If you are a new subscriber to Spotify, you'll have the chance to enjoy Spotify 6 free months. But you could also enjoy free Spotify Premium using a Spotify music converter with ease. 

useri9v0ud72Mt
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks for the questions. The solution has really worked.

Thanks again.

0 Likes