Original topic:

Still don't have the option for ESiM on Note 20 Ultra for T-Mobile

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 08:17 AM)
AspenQn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I am getting really angry and fed up with the fact Samsung continues to stall and drag its feet with getting eSIM on factory unlocked phones!  I desperately want to get away from my current mobile carrier and try out T-Mobile for many reasons.  T-Mobile has just rolled out a new test drive program using eSIM on APPLE!  T-Mobile also rolled out the software update for eSIM on N20Us which are their carrier branded or firnware flashed phones a few months ago but those of us which opted for factory unlocked phones direct from Samsung hoping to have "freedom" from carriers are sitting around twiddling our thumbs.

If Samsung doesn't step up to the plate very very soon I am going to do the unthinkable and switch to the dark side because I am tired of empty promises. Supposedly our unlocked N20Us only need the software update from Samsung to turn on eSIM so TURN IT ON ALREADY!!!
2 Replies
Members_xiqoYly
Asteroid
Options
Note20

also, Samsung support should learn from apple, they don't even have a clue what is eSIM. It's been almost a year, we should sue Samsung for false advertising.

0 Likes
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Note20
It's true we can flash TMobile firmware it's called cross flashing. It's not up to the carriers to pay for esim licenses. This is up to Samsung treating these phones as a budget device. And won't pull some money out to enable esim. Google knows how to get the license to use esim. And so does apple. Iphones never wait for carriers to say yes or no. It's because it's up to the manufacturer not up to the carriers. And as I said to Samsung today the note 20 ultra has nothing to do with carriers. But they still blame the carriers for their cheapness. Sad TMobile had to pay for the licensing while Samsung showed us the IMEI is waiting for esim but they are cheap
0 Likes