cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Still no LED Notification light

I love the Note 20 Ultra! Only thing right now I am not happy about is the missing LED Notification light when you get an email or a message when your screen is off. I know there are LED light apps out there but most of them use the AOD (Always on display) well that stinks at night with the light coming for the screen of all the clock info when that app tells you when you have a message etc.. I wish there was a way we could get the LED light back without turning in the AOD part.. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Still no LED Notification light

Yep, Safe to say that while i love the note 20, I am thoroughly disgusted that unless using AOD (which is a pain while trying to sleep at night, and for battery life) I have no idea if i have missed the initial edge lighting notifcation just by looking at my phone. Always having to activate the screen to see if there are missed notifications is a pain and makes this a very clunky to use... it is NOT STREAMLINED AT ALL- I shouldn't have to keep activating my screen every 5 minutes while i'm super busy just to check if i missed the initial notification. AND I shouldn't have to install 3rd party apps to get this feature which is STANDARD on pretty much EVERY phone in existance. Personally, I am recommending anyone that asks me about my note 20U to stay away from the newer samsung devices until samsung fixes this MAJOR problem. Technology is meant to be making our lives easier, not creating a constant and very heavy annoyance. Also safe to say, that it is annoying me enough that i'm considering switiching away from samsung.

Highlighted

@usery9HGYP6zVS wrote:

AND I shouldn't have to install 3rd party apps to get this feature which is STANDARD on pretty much EVERY phone in existance.

No phones designed in the last 2 years have this.  You state that you dont want to use third party apps due to them using the AOD, you do realize that an LED will also Emit Light, right? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ummm yes I do know it emits a light.. But the little LED light does not light up a dark room like a Christmas tree like the AOD does! It's a tiny light. My note 9 notification light blinked when I had a message at night in a pitch black room and I hardly saw it blinking as it emitted a light! My post was just a comment about the 20 Ultra and what is the only thing that "I" didn't like about the phone!