JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Super fast charging is gone after new update

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 06:11 AM)
DARQprime
Asteroid
Options
Note20

This stupid update totally up my phone. My super fast charge and my fast charge when I plug in my phone is now gone but the fast charge is still there when I do the wireless. Also now it is intermittently not charging and saying that either there is something in the charging port or it's been dropped in water when neither has happened. Also if I hook up my phone into the Android auto it intermittently won't work and give me the port error but if I unplug it and plug it into a charger right after then it will begin to charge and vice versa.

10 Replies
DARQprime
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Tried it and it still will not let me do any type of super fast charge or fast charge even though they're both turned on within my system. Also will not have a consistent connection to my Wi-Fi when everything else is still connected to my Wi-Fi. Had to turn it off so I can be able to get on to the website and other apps
0 Likes
DARQprime
Asteroid
Options
Note20
But thank you for your information I now know how to get into this maintenance screen
0 Likes
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I have note 20 ultra with new update installed and I got no problems at all. My note 20 ultra is working great
TCL12
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Same thing that is happening to my phone. I tried some solutions to fix it but it never works. I cant use may android auto and charger
DARQprime
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have tried 5 different Samsung fast chargers and 3 non Samsung and still same issue.. even tried Chromebook charger
0 Likes
TCL12
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Mine is kinda working now on and off
0 Likes
Bslate09
Galaxy
Options
Note20
You guys should wipe your cache partition in recovery. If that doesn't work, backup with Samsung smartswitch and factory data reset.
0 Likes
CHow5
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Same thing has happened to me on my S20 fe. After about a week it improved, only thing I did myself was make sure to update all apps. CS could only suggest I wipe the system web view cache, which didn't help...but then a week later I noticed an update to that app and it seemed to improve. It will still give me the error if I leave my phone plugged in to a charger after I turn off my car or plug it in before I start my car. Had zero problems before the update, and there was no contact with water or moisture, cleaned out my charging port and even did a factory reset. I've never been so frustrated with Samsung and I've been a loyal Samsung phone owner since the s5.
0 Likes
userfd28I7Waio
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same problem. After annoying tech support (I kept going back to them, it took about 6 times replying to their scripted respnses) they admitted:

"With the latest SW update the calculation logic for maximum charging power has been improved.
Due to this improvement, some third-party or non-genuine chargers may show a different charging speed than prior to the SW update."

My Spigen charger matches Samsung super fast charging specs. It no longer super fast charges. This appears to be a deliberate change to hurt Samsung customers and sell proprietary accessories. I'm not sure how to escalate this any further.