Original topic:

Swipe is RIDICULOUS!

(Topic created: 07-09-2021 11:31 AM)
NorCalVicious
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm new to the Samsung following. I recently purchased the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra from Verizon, and let me tell you that for the $1300 price tag, I've never hated a phone so badly in my life of using cell phones! I despise this thing! I'm an avid swipe user and the swipe on this phone is probably the dumbest AI technology I've ever witnessed. If I swipe a word, and it inputs the wrong word and the one I want isn't even in the suggestion panel, and I delete said word, when I swipe the word again, it puts the exact same word OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER! And it NEVER stops until I type the word letter by stupid letter! How many times do I need to delete that word before it catches on - hmm maybe she doesn't want that word I should try a new one... nope, not today sukka!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬!! This is unbelievably aggravating, considering most people who use swipe, use it for the convenience and time it saves when working properly. I swipe in a consistent way and it doesn't learn my swipe patterns either.  

Second, the fingerprint. MAYBE 1 out of every 10 times will it recognize my fingerprint and unlock. Most times not even that many. So I try to double tap the screen to then have to swipe up to enter my password, and the phone doesn't even acknowledge over half the time I'm tapping it to get the screen to come on!

Not to mention two of the main reasons for buying this phone were A) the stylus features - my stylus fell out 3 weeks after purchase and is long gone. And B) the camera abilities - the only thing thats held up to its promise so far. 

This is the worst $1300 investment I've ever made, period. I can't believe I have to continue to make payments on a product that I absolutely despise. 

*Rant over*
8 Replies
10t
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yup it **bleep**. Never gets my fingerprint. Battery life aint what was promised either
0 Likes
10t
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was writing it **bleep**, but i guess that is a censored word!
0 Likes
10t
Astronaut
Options
Note20
**bleep**, **bleep** **bleep**
0 Likes
NorCalVicious
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Lol
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Swipe works great for me and my finger print scanner works on the first try about 90% of the time.
0 Likes
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
So one thing I always suggest to my samsung customers when setting up fingerprint data is to run it once with desired finger following the rules. After registering, run the same finger again as a second print, but this time move your finger more like a drunk person...you can register multiple instances of the same finger. This allows a better read. Fixes read issues most of the time.
Second, I don't understand how people have issues with battery life. I get 2-3 days of battery use with my N20U and 2 with my S21U and my 21U is set to max settings, while my N20U is set to mid settings.
Keep in mind Samsung sets all default settings to mid range. Some things to keep in mind...close open tabs in your browser and make sure you fully close open apps. Hopefully these tips help you!
0 Likes
MuscleDroid
Explorer
Options
Note20
Good idea with the "second" fingerprint.
0 Likes
user4MCrCgBaeO
Constellation
Options
Note20
Oh great I just bought one
0 Likes