Original topic:

Ticking sound coming out of note 20 ultra earpiece

(Topic created: 08-19-2021 09:32 AM)
MaStErKiRa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Having this weird ticking/white popping noise coming out from my note 20 ultra earpiece. It's not loud enough to hear unless you place the phone next to your ear. It does it all times , even when not in a call. It sounds similar to the static /interference noise you could hear on regular headphones when connected to a an old computer with poor audio isolation design. Noise stops as soon as phone is placed on airplane mode . I tried turning Bluetooth or wifi off, but that did not fix it. Only airplane gets rid of it. 
2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

as you noted I think it's the static causing the noise. I would take the phone to UBreakIFix and have the earpiece checked and/or replaced

0 Likes
MaStErKiRa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Update : turned off 5g, and problem went away while on LTE . I have the unlocked by Samsung version running on TMOBILE. As soon as I enabled 5g again, problem came back. Now , here is the tricky part: as soon as I left my office and drove to another zone on the city , problem went away. Will test when I'm back at the office tomorrow. I think it could be a particular TMobile 5G band , that the radio causes interference into the earpiece.
0 Likes