cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Trade in program

I have been a fan of Samsung products and the support team for over two decades and have never felt taken advantage of till this experience! I just ordered the new Note 20 Ultra and expected to trade in my S8+. When reviewing the terms it clearly mentions that the screen and camera cannot have cracks (which mine does not) so I moved forward with the purchase. It mentions that the phone can only have normal wear and tear (whatever that means). Just to be safe I decided to message support before I sent in my S8+ and was informed me that the minor cracks on the corner of the back of the phone would make it ineligible for trade in. How is this even possible when they accept cracked SCREENS for other trade in promotions? I am appalled by the sneaky vague criteria that is outlined in the fine print. This is not something I would have ever expected from Samsung! Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Trade in program

From your own description, you say you have no cracks, but then say it has minor cracks.  If it has cracks, they had a program for cracked screens at the time of pre-order, but they will not pay full trade in value for a device that is cracked.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Trade in program

I had the same situation - a Note 10+ with a perfect screen and camera, but a small crack on the back corner.  I chatted with a rep, and he told me the same thing - it would invalidate the trade in.  I mentioned that this was misleading, because the trade in requirements clearly say only the camera and screen have to be crack-free, and he agreed, saying that this is one of the questions he gets asked most often.