Original topic:

Unable to fix broken screen - Galaxy Note 20 ultra

(Topic created: 09-03-2020 06:29 PM)
userMAUyHWPr01
Constellation
Options
Note20
Samsung's customer care is incredibly poor. Paying $1300 for a phone and you'd think they will follow up with incredible customer support.
First things first, the Samsung Care+ program can only be purchased when buying the phone which in my case was gifted to me. So you wouldn't expect the person who's gifting a phone to also buy me insurance. I looked around the members app and found that Samsung does not support the 30 day post purchase enrollment anymore on one of their most expensive phones.
I then got in an accident cracking my screen. Cursing my luck, I try to get it fixed at the authorized service center for Samsung North America. They fix my screen but couldn't run the diagnostic software because of a bug in the diagnostic tool Samsung had provided, so they promptly put back my original cracked screen and return the device to me.
My only other option according to the reps at Samsung is to drive an hour and try at another authorized service center or ship my phone to Texas where they'd take 5 business days to fix and return my phone back. 
8 Replies
LuvRageMathews18
Asteroid
Options
Note20
smh
userFz9fbtIFod
Constellation
Options
Note20

The same goes for Asurion. It's the absolute worst thing that could happen at a time like this. Brand new phone, just freakin' cracked the display to the point of just pure black screen. Now to pay $299 for a replacement device, and due to the N20 being a new phone there is a chance I could be given a "similar or comprable device". At this point I'm going to wait until my local authorized repair location has their Samsung replacement displays. It's $30 for that repair instead of gambling with whatever phone Assurion will send to me.

0 Likes
user5BikWCjYWW
Asteroid
Options
Note20
my screen cracked and has never been dropped. I've been searching avenues trying to get a resolution.
0 Likes
Sunny2021
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have a case and screen protector, I bought a specific little purse so that the phone fits in there is protected. I put it in there on my way to class, to not drop my bag or hit my bag or anything, got it out at the class and the glass is cracked across. There is a flaw right by the power button, and a lot of people on here have been talking about how their phones have broken across without even dropping them or anything from there. This is a flaw on Samsung needs to deal with it. I suggest to file a complaint with Consumer Affairs.
0 Likes
userFz9fbtIFod
Constellation
Options
Note20
I went through Asurion after cracking my display and was given a brand new N20 ultra after paying 299$
userJbokM7THhe
Astronaut
Options
Note20
my back glass cracked too. I have no idea why. I have a heavy duty otterbox on it. Currently, the crack isn't bothering anything, especially under the Otterbox, so I've just been living with it, but good to know Asurion will send you a new one. I would literally have a major Karen moment if they sent me a comparable device!!
Sunny2021
Astronaut
Options
Note20
That really **bleep** that you had to pay 299 when it's a design flaw, and Samsung has to know about this. A lot of people supposed to just on their own Community here regarding the same issue. There is a flaw in the phone there's a small Gap in the glass, evidently for a headphone or something on the side right by the power button. And they crack there. Mine wasn't dropped or anything it just cracked in my purse, that's absurd! I would recommend filing up for it with consumer affairs so they can see it and track it. You shouldn't have had to pay anything.
0 Likes
peeperpooo
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Just crack-a-diddled-dee-dooed myn 🥺, cracked my Galaxy note20 ultra 5g this time alright! I must say that I have dropped this phone so many times and it never broke prior.
0 Likes