JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to move Picture and Picture mode apps on screen when they are minimized

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 04:26 PM)
Kumar91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I didn't get any update on my Note20Ultra after the March 1st,2021 security patch update.

Suddenly 3 days ago I noticed, I am unable to move any picture in picture mode apps on the screen.

When I minimize any picture in picture app like youtube, whatsapp video call previously I was able to move that window throughout my screen (Top left, Top right, Bottom left, Bottom right), but now I am unable to do so. It just gets stuck at the bottom right corner and if I try to move it anywhere on the screen it gets closed.

I didn't change any settings or updated phone's software recently.

Any help is appreciated as it is very problematic for me to use the phone like this.

3 Replies
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I would first make sure your phone is up to date.

The next step I recommend that you do is clearing the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Kumar91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
The phone is up to date. I tried wiping cache partition again and this time it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes