Original topic:

Unlocked note 20 not compatible with Verizon

(Topic created on: 3/20/21 3:59 PM)
userq5GJxlbAjt
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I purchased the unlocked red note 20 5g from Samsung website last week with the intentions of installing on total  wireless or straight talk.    The imei number isnt compatible with  any either of them  or verizon.     I think i was sold the international model here in the u.s.   i cant find any info about the mystic red note 20 5g  I purchased directly from Samsung website.     I went to search my imei number  on  the imei websites and it shows no info?    

7 Replies
userq8lvqcSR88
Constellation
Options
Note20
I would promptly return it for a refund.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
contact samsung for the information. after all you brought it from them they should give the answer to make ur mind at ease.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
What is the model number shown in About Phone?
0 Likes
userq5GJxlbAjt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
sm 981u1
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
N981U1 is compatible with Verizon on LTE and 5G (including mmWave). It definitely should work on Straight talk since they use T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon frequencies for their service. Ask for an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible SIM card if staying with Straight talk. Someone is trying to make you buy a phone from them.
0 Likes
userq5GJxlbAjt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
i cant find any info on SM-N981UZRAXAA
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
SM-N981U1 is the model. Other characters after indicate the software version. Unless it was flashed from N981B - international version - to N981U1, U.S version, it is compatible with all major carriers in the U.S. If it is a N981U, then it's not unlocked and Samsung needs to tell you which carrier it is compatible with. Don't think you can get an unlocked code on eBay for it yet but it's possible to network unlocked it.
0 Likes