Original topic:

Using Samsung USB cable no successful media connection for Note 20 Ultra to 2015 Kia Rio - how to?

(Topic created on: 5/9/21 12:13 PM)
userhq0z1Bqaqs
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Cannot get Note 20 Ultra to work reliably with Bluetooth in car. Have learned that a wired connection has solved that problem for another Samsung user / Kia driver. I have tried connecting the Note 20 Ultra (Android 11) to the Kia Rio USB port using a Samsung cable. The message I get on the car instrument panel is that the media connection is unsuccessful. What would solve this problem?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Options
Note20
Once you've connected the cable in your car, pull the notification shade down and change the USB Connection from Charging to Data Tethering/File Transfer. That should give the vehicle the access that it needs. You can also set this as a default using Developer options which can be accessed by tapping the build number several times in software information in About Phone.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
0 Likes