Original topic:

Video Call Issue: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G -Unlock

(Topic created on: 4/2/21 7:35 AM)
useriowt8QU3vf
Constellation
Options
Note20
I purchased from Best Buy a new unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. After calling my service provider AT&T to troubleshoot my phone, it was determined by a tech that the video call feature not working is a  Samsung software problem. After hours on the phone with it was suppose to be an expert :face_with_rolling_eyes:nothing was fixed. I have a phone that I paid $1,300 plus tax with no video call feature. Most likely I will be looking into iPhone!
0 Likes
3 Replies
RemiMoonstone
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yeah, the video call is carrier specific. Meaning, if you have an unlocked device, you won't be able to use that feature. The only option you have is to use Google Duo, or something similar.
0 Likes
Eddie11
Astronaut
Options
Note20
First and foremost, I feel your pain. AT&T is by far THE WORST samsumg retailer under the sun. From my experiences with them, they truly hate Samsung. I had to to do some hefty research and ultimately a hack just to get "Call and Text on Any Device" to install and work on their network in order to text from my samsung tablet. Amazingly AT&T does not support the feature, does not include it in its ROM, and forces you to install the ugliest app known to man in order to text via a tablet.

There is a way to get Video Calls through AT&T to work, but in my opinion, totally not worth it. GOOGLE DUO is much more sophisticated and better enhanced. Call quality is 4k, if on a 5G network, and you can add fun filters to your call.

I'm honestly convinced that the Note 20 Ultra is a dam good phone, but on the AT&T network, it's a paper weight. Alot of the features that the Note 20 Ultra is capable of handling are not supported by AT&T unless you purchase the phone directly from them. Furthermore, their support for Samsung products is atrocious. I should have detected this when I switched to them last year and they actually suggested an iPhone multiple times as I heavily emphasized I wanted a Samsung Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
ToEKnee213
Constellation
Options
Note20

Verizon has the same issue.

I bought an unlocked phone and if I can figure out how to side load or get into the configuration and do the carrier affiliation, I will totally do it.

0 Likes