Original topic:

Video Pixelated in messages

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 1:33 PM)
Drewt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
For some reason when I send people video on messages, it's very pixelated. Anyone know how to fix it?
0 Likes
8 Replies
MikeC86
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Unless you have RCS in samsung messages it will compress the video. Try sending in Google messages, provided the other party has it also. You could also send in Facebook messenger.
0 Likes
Drewt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have a menu option for chat settings, but don't see anything that would indicate having to do with photo quality.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

quality gets lowered if you send it through txt message.
if you want to keep original quality, send link share, or use 3rd part messaging app like whatsapp

Drewt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
That's disappointing. Thanks though.
0 Likes
MikeC86
Galaxy
Options
Note20
if you have chat settings then you need to enable it. As long as you connect with someone else using RCS you will be able to send large pics and videos. If it says chat message where you type it means the person you are messaging has it also. If it says text message it means they don't. It's kinda like the blue and green chat bubbles on iphones.
0 Likes
Drewt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Part of the issue might be that the two people I send video and pictures to most often are iPhone users. I have every advanced feature available on this phone turned on, I believe. Aside from switching to Google Messages when I get home so I can continue to text from my computer, Samsung Messages is on chat. I really wish they'd get a web version of messages going. I really dislike switching apps and am not a huge fan of Google Messages
0 Likes
MikeC86
Galaxy
Options
Note20
With Iphone users you would need to use Facebook messenger or whatsapp on both ends to send and receive large videos uncompressed. Maybe one day they will standardize messenger across all platforms.
Drewt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
If only
0 Likes