JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weird Samsung keyboard actions

(Topic created: 12-02-2022 03:56 AM)
Mikeyk101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I have been having issues with the Samsung keyboard in several different forums after recent big update. It is pretty much unusable after entering several lines of text and trying to continue. The biggest issue is that all of a sudden, it will act as if I hit and held down the "next line" key. Not sure if that's the correct name, its the left pointing arrow key in bottom right if keyboard. It will scroll down the page and without exaggerating, it will have skipped down maybe 50 to 60 lines. I end up having to constantly hit the back key to get back to the text and remove all the blank lines. Then it begins acting erratic and if I touch a space and begin typing again, quite often it begins entering text somewhere in the middle of where I had already typed. I then have to delete that and try tapping at end of text to begin entering text again in proper place. And then usually it will beging scrolling down on its own again or freeze up. I will often have to close the web page and open it up again and hope that the site has the auto save and I can continue. Sometimes I get lucky and can finish a reply but not always. I did try clearung cache 3 times in recovery as well as repair apps option.

What I ended up having to do was downliad a random keyboard app to replace the Samsung keyboard. Its better but comes with its own issues. At least I don't get the random scrolling problem. But often, the wrong key gets pressed and I am constantly going back to correct what I typed. For example, the u key gets pressed unstead of the I key or b gets pressed instead of the space bar and that can get just as frustrating as the errors on the Samsung keyboard and increase the time it takes to type responses. And having 2 fat thumbs doesn't help either...

Is anyone else noticing the same Samsung keyboard errors?
4 Replies
Solution
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Note20
I would suggest switch to Google's keyboard or use swipe gestures to type
Mikeyk101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I will give Google keyboard a try. I forgot about that. Thanks
0 Likes
SusieQ2U
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes! It's like the keyboard has a mind of it's own. I hate having to lose my place and delete so much so that I can figure what I was trying to do.
Mikeyk101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have switched to the Google keyboard as was suggested and things have been much better. I still get random key errors but that's more due to my fat thumbs twisting sideways and hitting the wrong key. At least the random scrolling for "hundreds" of lines is gone. The few key errors I get, I can correct and just deal with.
0 Likes