Original topic:

Werid toast message wont go away

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 07:29 AM)
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I keep getting this toast message that keep popping up every few seconds saying "Can't connect to (Mac address) "
I can't really figure out what's causing it, just that it's coming from the system and I speculate that it's a Bluetooth Mac address. I tried looking at all the Mac addresses of the Bluetooth devices I've connected to and none of them match. 
Its super annoying and the only want to get it to stop is to reboot my phone.
Seems to come back if I open the Bluetooth settings. 

I already tried clearing Bluetooth data and cache with no success.

11 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
It is a bluetooth device. Similar message is shown when my Galaxy Buds act up...

There could be one of two causes.

1. Said device is trying to connect to your phone
2. Your phone is trying to connect to an unnamed device (which is unlikely as you've stated you checked your paired device list).

You can reset bluetooth by doing the following (you will have to re-enter passwords for any Wi-Fi networks you've previously had saved!).

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Hope this helps.
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I don't think it's 1 cause it doest matter where I am. I do think it might be 2 but I'm not sure why it's trying to connect to that device.

Ah right, I was looking for the hard reset settings. Forgot it reset all wireless stuff. I'll give that a shot.
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Just did the reset. Paired a single device and saw the toast popup with the same Mac (pretty sure it's always the same Mac address) as I type this it's not popping up as fast as it was before but seeing that show up after doing a network reset, another bt data clear, and reboot doesn't make me confident
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
Very bizarre. There could be something wrong physically on the device at this point. I assume is doesn't show up if you leave bluetooth off?
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
It's possible. It does have issues when searching for devices sometimes. I have to toggle it off and on a lot. I might need to do a factory reset but I rather not. Might just wait till I get a new phone since Pixel 6 is out and S22 is just around the corner.
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
I think you can wait it out until then 😁

Doesn't seem to be constantly nagging so I'd be able to live with it for a few months. Sorry you ran into this issue!
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Its nagging like every 5 seconds today
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Did you use nice catch to record your toast history to verify its a system issue?

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatchScreenshot_20211112-051858_Nice Catch_19095.jpg
0 Likes
user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
YepScreenshot_20211112-072731_Nice Catch_4793.jpg