cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What Happened to Dedicated Fingerprint for Secure Folder

What happened to the option for Dedicated fingerprint to open up your Secure Folder in OneUI 2/2.5? I have it on my Note8  running OneUI 1.0 but it seems to have been removed but why? It's a great feature to quickly get into your Secure Space without the hassle of making it noticeable that you're going into another part of your phone Smh I really hope they fix this/bring this feature back. It seems like the things I use and value the most Samsung always takes away 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: What Happened to Dedicated Fingerprint for Secure Folder

Why has there been no response from Samsung since this was posted. Is that not reasonsble to expect. or is this a 1-way only "dead-letter" file?
Highlighted
Astronaut

My bad. I just realized the post was very recent, not yet allowing for a response.
Highlighted
Constellation

I upgraded from a Note 10+ (which had the dedicated fingerprint option available) to the Z Fold2, and now I cannot use the dedicated fingerprint option... extremely disappointed!
Highlighted

Not sure what you mean.  My secure folder CAN be opened with a fingerprint.  I have to use a password the first time after I restart my phone, but after that I can get in using a fingerprint.

Highlighted

Re: Re: What Happened to Dedicated Fingerprint for Secure Folder

I mean by a specific fingerprint ie. if (from my always on display) I want my thumbprint on my right hand to open the phone regularly to the home screen but (from the always on display) I want my thumbprint on my left hand to open my phone directly into the secure folder, by passing my regular home screen. You used to be able to do that and it was called Dedicated Fingerprint in the settings of the secure folder, however, this option has disappeared from OneUI 2 on Android 10