Original topic:

What a joke. No ant+ on a flagship phone.

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 04:11 PM)
crogs
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Sorry, but there is zero excuse to omit such a longstanding and still widely used standard for the fitness community. Removing ant+ is just a joke on a phone that retails for well over a grand. Just a joke to remove it at all on any phone. It's hard enough as it is in the fitness arena to find things that constantly work together, and now Samsung goes ahead and removes such basic functionality.

It's just one thing after another...

Curved screens... Fairly useless, exponentially more prone to cracking by design and more expensive to replace. And more expensive to protect properly. Honestly, it needs to die. Well let's put flat screens on the extremely gimped versions so it doesn't sell well and show people the masses prefer flat screens. Well let's see a flat screen ultra side by side a curved screen see which outsells the other.... Too chicken to do that and be proven wrong. 

Headphone jack. Dongles and bluetooth are not the answer. 

Card slot. Will this be the last year for them now too? Follow in apple's footsteps reserving big gigs for the most expensive phones at the greatest markup. Let's show are customers how little we really value them. 

Building on that, let's go and reduce the built in storage to boot. Made the Note 20 unusable. Cut the 20 Ultra's on board storage in half. Did I say a joke? 

Now ant+. Used to be able to track my indoor cycling sessions and connect my watch for HR on outdoor ones. Now can't do either.

Now I have to needlessly keep a 2nd phone just to track my workouts. Such a joke.

Let's add Wahoo to that mix too and even Strava. People have hundreds or even thousands of dollars invested in sensors over the years and Samsung just made them obsolete unless you want to go out and buy a USB ant+ dongle because theyre too cheap and don't respect their customers. 

Sorry, not sorry for the rant. Just tired of seeing this company make moves year after year that are just so customer unfriendly & do nothing but cost us more money whether it's to protect the phone, use accessories we've had for years, pay exponentially more for storage space and now having to revamp our fitness related gear or spend money on other devices to keep it all working.

If I didn't use the pen daily I would've dumped them when they went to the curved screen. It's a shame no one else has done a premium pen based phone. Just sad. Maybe one day Moto will up the ante with theirs. Don't need pressure settings and tilt. I take notes, annotate and get sigs. No artisty needs. And I'm fine without a BT pen. I'd even take the USI standard on a premium phone. I can keep a pen in my bag for when I need one. Not like Samsung is making a silo'd pen phone anymore anyway. Just another knock on their loyal customers. But even if they did, they'd find something else to gimp and screw us on. I'm sure the card slot would be gone and to get 512gb or more would be at the extreme highest price point as an additional FU. 

5 Replies
useraCFLLKsUhL
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes s20pro now i need to buy a watch to track my fitness stuff
0 Likes
rodstone25
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I feel your pain, it's crazy that A52 $499.00 gets a charger and 21 Ultra $1000+ none. We should get a charger, USB headphones, and a case, how much that cost ??
0 Likes
crogs
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The charger I'm a little up in the air on. A majority of us trade in phones which means we have the accessories from that phone still in tow. I'm sure many have an abundance of chargers on hand.

Now if they were smart, they would add chargers as a trade in item and let you upgrade to a higher watt charger. They can recycle chargers into renewed phones, or donate them to shelters and such that provide phones to people not so well off. Something. I have a plethora of current chargers from trading in phones over the years. So much e-waste.

Now the usb headphones or dongle to 3. 5 should be included for a few years with their choice to remove the 2.5 jack. Not like we had a choice in the matter. So it's only fair they provide the dongle.

And like chargers, I have a plethora of headphones and charging cables to boot. Don't mind the cables. Always nice to have spares for travel, loss, others needing one and so on. But like above, there is so much waste.

If they don't want to include certain accessories, they should give us a $10-20 discount for just getting the phone with no accessories. Or, apply that amount to an accessory purchase with a minimum purchase price. Something.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Old chargers don't offer fast/super fast charging that newer phones are capable of.
0 Likes
crogs
Asteroid
Options
Note20
And many many people are upgrading every one to two years and already have the most advanced charger already and have most likely bought others along the way.

And I already spelled out an upgrade path so the only new chargers that leave Samsung are ones that are definitely wanted. Along with a trade in ability so those chargers cna be bundled with renewed phones or donated elsewhere, say to organizations providing phones for underprivileged or organizations trying to get people back on their feet.

Samsung hasn't made leaps in stock chargers the past few years.
0 Likes