Original topic:

When will esim work on US unlocked note20 Eltra

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 2:35 AM)
Members_1geAmdl
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Bought my note20 Ultra US unlocked while being told it had esim capabilities.  Only bought it for the dual sim capabilities otherwise would have bought the international version.  When can we expect the esim to be enabled? I know it never will because I'm just a little person but really annoying to waste my money on a phone when what was promised isn't what is provided.

4 Replies
AG6
Galaxy
Options
Note20
s20 folks are still waiting, don't think anytime soon.
Options
Note20

Yeah, S20, Note20, Fold2, and S21 devices all had confirmation of eSim support BEFORE they released, and now show a "eSim not available in all countries / locations" disclaimer.

When will it be available?  Probably about the same time as humans invent interstellar travel.

zimbrich
Asteroid
Options
Note20
It is a shame. I bought my S21+Ultra for the same reason: dual sim or esim. I had this functionality on my Lumia 950 XL before being forced to accept inferior technology (it has dual sim AND microSD support). Phone manufacturers should NOT be slaves to the carriers in US. This is just plain wrong! Shame on you Samsung...
flashomatic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
They updated the TMobile version for eSIM today. One can only hope it makes it's way to Unlocked.

Screenshot_20210415-135710_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes