Original topic:

Where's the May update for unlocked note 20 ultra?

(Topic created: 05-29-2021 09:30 PM)
DesmondDavis
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Where's the May update for unlocked note 20 ultra???

11 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@DesmondDavis 

It's up to your carrier to release the update.

I have received the May update on my unlocked Note 20 Ultra on AT&T. 

Hisham_CS
Asteroid
Options
Note20
What if I do not use the phone with any carrier? What if the phone is used without a sim and it just connected over WI-FI? I highly doubt that it is up to the carriers to release the update or not. According to Samsung representative, the update is released directly form Samsung for the unlocked version.
DesmondDavis
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I talked to my carrier and samsung. My carrier said it's up to samsung and samsung said it's only for Verizon. 🤦🏽‍:male_sign: ridiculous homie
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
It's also my understanding that unlocked devices get their updates pushed from Samsung. Locked devices get their updates through their carriers.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Diaboyos 

"It's also my understanding that unlocked devices get their updates pushed from Samsung. ..."

Not in the US. The carriers test it to ensure that it won't cause issues with their network. Only after they are satisfied do they push it out to the unlocked devices. 

userwqbwkfk4xT
Constellation
Options
Note20
I am still waiting too! Where is the update?
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Note20
Yeah, I'm still missing mine also. I don't understand the carrier stuff also...if it's available for a device, it's available
user7vUvy5leZX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
My phone is also unlocked version bought directly from Samsung. No may update on my Note 20 Ultra
DesmondDavis
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I feel your pain. They need to get to it!!
0 Likes