cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Why does Facebook auto-install after I uninstall it.

I have never used Facebook on my new Galaxy Note 20. I cancelled my account a while ago on a previous phone. So there should be no activity concerning Facebook whatsoever.  I deleted the app when I first got the phone. I did not "disable" it. It is not even in my Google app library. However,  it reappeared in the app list. I have done this 4 times now.
3 REPLIES 3
Galaxy

Re: Why does Facebook auto-install after I uninstall it.

If its a Verizon phone, its got something called "Verizon app services" that legit installs sponsored apps without your permission anytime it feels like it. Better off disabling that. fixed everything lol
Constellation

same problem with my t-mobile note 20 ultra.. help me.
Cosmic Ray

Try unselecting Mobile data, battery, permissions, notifications under the Apps menu for any application that you don't care about, also under the battery menu, make sure that application is on the list of the apps that cannot run in the background and are on the deep sleep list.  I don't know what to say about companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Samsung that get your money from one hand and steal your data from the other hand without your permission.  You are picking on Facebook, I guess you have not noticed that you cannot even disable Samsung accessing your contacts, SMS, call logs, etc.  Take a look at Samsung Cloud App and try to disable its permissions (they are all grayed out).  I have nothing to hide but my personal data belongs to me and not Samsung which got $1200 from me for the N20U.