cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Why does Samsung remove Bluetooth Codecs "aptX" HD and "aptX Adaptive"?

Hi guys, I'm nervous 'cause Samsung removes these Bluetooth Codecs "aptX" HD and "aptX Adaptive" of their phones...
it doesn't matter the chip, Exynos or Qualcomm.

Every phone I saw with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC, have these Bluetooth codecs, only Samsung removes it! Why?

Samsung / One Plus / Xiaomi Bluetooth Codecs

Bluetooth Codecs Samsung One Plus and Xiaomi.png

By the way, Samsung removes some Qualcomm features as well, like TrueWireless™ Stereo PLUS and TrueWireless™ Mirroring

These features allow both earbuds connect directly to the smartphones, it brinks us less latency, better connection, and establish, besides it can offer a more evenly balanced power distribution between both headphones producing in longer playing time, and with it, there are no master and slave earbuds... in another word, no cross-head transmission, better battery, less latency and better connection...

Screenshot_10.png

Look how amazing is when the phone has this feature TrueWireless Stereo Plus!
TrueWireless Stereo Plus.png

I'm looking forward to the new Bluetooth 5.2 in some Samsung devices, but I'm sure that Samsung will remove the new code "LE Audio" that will come with BT 5.2, by the way, Samsung is delaying a lot to implement it in your devices! I thought that Note 20 will be it, but not!

le audio.jpg

Why does Samsung do it with us?

Before I forgot, Samsung also removes the codec name "flag" from the connected device.

Bluetooth Codec Name Flag.png

Samsung is doing a great job in smartphones, but there are killing the Bluetooth connection.

PLEASE SAMSUNG, Stop doing it with us, How can I keep buying your phones if you remove it of us?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Why does Samsung remove Bluetooth Codecs "aptX" HD and "aptX Adaptive"?

@ronaldoguedess As far as I know aptx HD has a certain licensing from qualcomm to acquire and I think  sasmungdid not go the certification process for aptx HD maybe in the future.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm extremely disappointed, It's unaccepted, cause we have the best android flagship phones doesn't offer the full complement of Bluetooth codecs

Highlighted
Constellation

Having come from pixel 2 xl to note 20 ultra, I'm extremely disappointed that arguably the best android flagship phones doesn't offer the full complement of bluetooth codecs. I realize Samsung offers LDAC and their own "scalable codec" but those lock you into Sony and Samsung devices. Everyone else uses aptx. Please please add support for aptx adaptive, HD and tws+!! It's the least Samsung can do after taking away the headphone jack.
Highlighted
Constellation

I agree with you! I really need TWS+ and APTX Adaptive...

I hope that Samsung does not remove the new LC3 Bluetooth codec that will comes from with the Bluetooth 5.2.