cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Why there are different cooling systems on Note 20 ultra versions?

Dear Samsung and All,

We see that the cooling systems are different between Exynos and Snapdragon version. We require Samsung has the explanation about this. Which is cooling system better?
-Note 20 Ultra Exynos 4G, 5G using copper cooling-->receive many complaints about overheating.
-Note 20 Ultra Snapdragon 5G using graphite cooling-->receive less complaints about overheating.
In Vietnam, I bought Note 20 ultra 5G Exynos and returned it after 1 day using, it has scratch and dust inside cameras, it is very hot when open camera, zoom in, zoom out few times, the battery drop so fast.
This year, Exynos is a bad Chip for Note 20 ultra. Weaker than Snap so much, hotter, worse game, worse battery, worse camera, slower operations,...

18.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Why there are different cooling systems on Note 20 ultra versions?

Graphite heat transfer material has 'close to diamond' thermal conductivity. ... Representing one more manifestation of the varied properties of carbon this material has a heat conductivity is five times better than copper, and “approaches” that of diamond.Also Graphite 40% lighter than Copper.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Predator 

I see that many people in youtube didn't like it, they expect a copper cooling in snapdragon version.
However, i am not sure it is graphite or other material?
We need feedback from Samsung. If it is good, why Samsung didn't use it in hot Exynos version?

Highlighted
Halo

Remember principle of thermodynamics – the fact that heat moves from warmer object to a cooler object. As the cooler object gets warmer, the warmer object gets cooler.It’s sole purpose is to transfer heat (energy) away from critical components as quickly and effectively as possible, usually to the surrounding environment by dissipating the heat through Copper or Aluminium or Graphite but the real problem is Phone is too Compact and don't have a Vent to dissipating the heat so heat have no where to escape therefore heat can built up very easy, very quickly while doing CPU and Graphics intensive task like playing Games or using Camera or long period of times. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

And to add to that @Predator said.... in our phone that heat gets out through the body of the phone, and we feel it with our hands. The fact that the phone gets warm might not be a bad thing, it can actually mean it's doing a better job of removing that head from the chipset. Or the chipset gets hotter of course. 

I have a Snapdraggon Note20 Ultra now and while it does get warm at times, I don't think it's any hotter than the Note10+ (which I also still have and continue to compare side by side with the new phone)

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Geno71 

I don't agree with you.
when i open camera, zoom in and zoom out many times, work around in camera 10 minutes, after that i touch hand on the position as in below photo, the screen is very hot, i must turn off the phone immediately, check and see the battery drop ~10%, almost battery power convert to heat. I don't say warm, hot, i would like to say it is VERY hot.
I bring the phone to the Samsung quarranty store to check the same thing and the officer agreed with me about this issue. I returned the phone after that, after 1 day using. It makes me think about Note 7 disaster.
Samsung designs heat transfer to screen, this one i afraid will affect to screen. Why Samsung doesn't design transfer or share the heat to the back of phone. This is really stupid design of Samsung, the heat can burn or damage the screen.
In Vietnam, there are many people have the same issue as mine.

3.png

Highlighted
Sun

I saw this online as well and youtube. I'm curious as to why different cooling materials.
Highlighted
Nebula

this is a common practice for manufacturers to source similar parts from different manufacturers for the same purpose due to high demand and the ability to fulfill said high demand.
Highlighted

Different processors have different cooling needs,  This is why they are like this.  There was really no need for a lesson in thermodynamics.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@usermzeJaY3BsM 

But many people think Samsung used poor cooling system for Snapdragon version to save money.

Why didn't see graphite cooling on Exynos version?