JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WiFi direct disappeared

(Topic created on: 3/19/21 5:46 PM)
userDh8M3xciIl
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi, I have feedback about the latest update of Galaxy flagships (like Note20).
After the newest update, the WiFi_direct option was removed from the file-sharing list.
I've been a big fan of Samsung smartphones for about ten years, and I'd never been more disappointed than now.

WiFi-direct was the fastest and the most reliable option for sharing big files supported by all Samsung smartphones. Other options like quick share and nearby share are more like a joke. Older Samsung phones don't support quick share, and Nearby Share is very slow for transferring big files.

to the one who decided to remove this unique and easy-to-use feature that connected all Samsung phones:
when your new feature is not reliable yet, dont remove the previous popular feature. Customers are not your Laboratory mice. Dont follow Apple's footsteps to disrespect customers. The one who selected Samsung phones preferred simplicity, performance, and the right to choose above anything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Note20
removal of wifi direct was announced a FEW months ago.
0 Likes
userwSMR4SMkHi
Constellation
Options
Note20

And? Is the replacement better or more useful. I think that's a resounding no! 

0 Likes
userwSMR4SMkHi
Constellation
Options
Note20

Well said mate!! Doesn't matter if it was announced months ago. The point is that Samsung is removing useful features that work and simple, for features that are just slow and stupid. They should stay as themselves and not try and copy Apple. 

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options
Note20

Besides, Apples have worms!!!!!!!

Samsung is taking out all of the useful apps and in the process is shooting themselves in the head. If your trying to look like apple, I guess I'll be buying something other than the next note. At this rate it'll only be good for phone calls, Maybe!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes