Original topic:

WiFi disconnecting frequently on Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 10:57 AM)
Kuljeet_Singh
Asteroid
Options
Note20

@samsung, This is absolutely unacceptable.. even after so many complaints on Note 20 Ultra WiFI connection issues no usable response is provided. The "turn wifi off and then on" is NOT a solution, it's a disgrace to Samsung brand.. shame on you :\

9 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Note20
Have you tried this: reset your modem, & Network reset ? If no...

unplug your modem for 10 seconds, plug back in

network reset: From settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network Settings
BEAWARE THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES

Kuljeet_Singh
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you for the reply, Yes I have tried resetting my modem , the issue is that the wifi works fine with all my other devices including an older Pixel 2XL I kept as a backup. The issue only exists with the Note 20 Ultra. Sometimes I have to disable and enable WiFi every couple of minutes.. give up and use my tablet or my backup phone instead.
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Note20
One last idea, try replacing your SIM card with a new one from your carrier, and make sure they "reboot" before you leave. And see if you can connect to their wifi
0 Likes
Options
Note20
just a random test: try to disable the randomized MAC address on your phone's WiFi .

From the phone's quick panel, press and hold the WiFi icon, then touch the gear next to the name of your router, then touch advanced, then MAC address type, choose Phone MAC.
Kuljeet_Singh
Asteroid
Options
Note20
This seem to be working, haven't seen the issue in past two days. Thank you
Kuljeet_Singh
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks, Will try this as well..
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
I have the Note20Ultra and do not have issues with Wi-Fi at all. I even just upgraded my modem and router to a Wi-Fi 6 router and my phone connects to it no problem...maybe it's an issue with the phone and your router not being compatible? have you updated the firmware of your router?
*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
userdweG0sesG7
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi there,

I have tried every thing, but wifi still dropping. I can't enter to recovery mode but button to clear cache. Any help plz.

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

try turning off location. 

what is your software version? (settings - about - software info - baseband)
are you on a most recent software? i thought this issue was fixed

0 Likes