cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

Is there a way to turn this off so I can keep it on wifi.  I have no dead spots in my house but if it drops 2 bars on wifi, it will automatically switch to cellular.  This is a problem because I have a bixby routine that turns off mobile data when on home wifi.  I just want it to stay on wifi data and turn off the auto switching.  

I've tried clearing the data of the wifi calling app, and it still has this ludicrous sensitivity to automatically switch. 
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

make sure your network preference for wifi calling is set to wifi instead of mobile data
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

Thats the issue, it automatically switches to cellular if the wifi is less than perfect. I have almost 100% coverage in my house.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

I mean there is a setting under wifi calling that allows you to select wifi to be preferred. I'm thinking that might make it slightly less sensitive and not switch so easily
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

Thats the setting I'm referring to in topic. it doesn't matter if it's selected it automatically switches to cellular if wifi dips even a little.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wifi Calling Automatic Data Switching

ahh, alright. Well in that case I'm not sure what more you can do :-(. I hope someone else may have their own insight on this topic and help ya out!
Highlighted

What carrier? Note 20 or 20 Ultra? also whats your software version? its under settings -> about -> software -> last 4 baseband ver.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

T-Mobile
Note 20 Ultra US Unlocked
ATJ3
Highlighted

i tested with my phone, and its not disconnecting from the wifi..
try installing samsung members app from Galaxy Store, and you can submit a ticket. Samsung will be able to find out why this issue is happening

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

ok great thank you ill try that