JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi calling Note 20 Ultra Unlocked

(Topic created: 12-03-2020 04:03 PM)
userbTUj0r0QQO
Constellation
Options
Note20

How does the Note 10+ have wifi calling for unlocked phones, but the Note 20 Ultra doesn't??? I use Sepctrum Mobile (who uses the Verizon network) and they enable wifi calling for all devices. They couldn't get anything to work for my Note 20. I just got off chat support with Samsung and they stated that the Note 20 doesn't offer wifi calling for unlocked devices...what sense does that make??? Especially since Spectrum and Xfinity are two of the fastes growing carriers? Sending the Note 20 back tomorrow unfortunately. Horrible oversight by Samsung. Horrible.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Will-i-am702
Comet
Options
Note20

Note 20 ultra does offer wifi calling but they problem it's your carrier wish it won't let you do wifi calling. On a unlock phone.... I have a note 20 ultra running unlcock firmware on Tmobile and I Can used wifi calling with no problem... 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Will-i-am702
Comet
Options
Note20

Note 20 ultra does offer wifi calling but they problem it's your carrier wish it won't let you do wifi calling. On a unlock phone.... I have a note 20 ultra running unlcock firmware on Tmobile and I Can used wifi calling with no problem... 

user41Z9slHU1G
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Ok, so I'll bite,. I have an unlocked note 20 ultra with Google Fi (bought from and running on their system, they allow wifi calling on all of their devices).   I do not see any options in the phone anywhere for wifi calling.  Please offer a step by step documentation on where and how the option is available.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Due to WiFi Calling is a carrier-specific feature, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to further assist with providing that option for you if available.

0 Likes
user41Z9slHU1G
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I reached out, and for others that my be looking. with Google Fi the WIFI Calling option is in the Google Fi application not within the phone itself.
0 Likes