Original topic:

Will US Note 20 Ultra 5G get esim in 2021?

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 7:57 PM)
userw3exzithUw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Will US Note 20 Ultra 5G get esim in 2021 with One UI 3.1 update or anytime in 2021?

Not sure, if it makes sense to buy any new Samsung phones until esim is supported.

8 Replies
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
That's up to the carriers not samsung
0 Likes
userw3exzithUw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Why would carriers block only Samsung phones and allow Apple, Google and other manufacturer phones have esim capabilities?
0 Likes
userw3exzithUw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

If US carriers were blocking that why doesn't US unlocked version support esim?

Also, US carriers can say they do not support esim if they it is available like they do for some Oneplus phones and other manufacturers.

0 Likes
AG6
Halo
Options
Note20

People on the S20 are still waiting, so safe to say that is a no.

0 Likes
MisterySmile
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
No hopes. And story happens again with S21 series. It starts with false advertising which they will adjust down the road. As of today their FAQ says their S21 US models supports eSIM and you can verify on their website. I went to a store and checked their on display device (since I got trapped same way with my S20+), and guess what? no support for eSim. Even more ridiculous their Samsung Care support provides untruthful information and when asked them the source of information they gave me GSMArena specs URL. REALLY SAMSUNG?
I have asked for the Samsung full specs and I was being told it is not available for public, yet!!!
I wish you all good luck with the future software update as I'm done with them. Shame on SAMSUNG and their bait and switch fraudulent advertising.
userXydB8XtJPr
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I am having the same questions, Glad I researched before upgrading. I am tired of carrying two phones!

0 Likes
userXydB8XtJPr
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I am having the same questions, Glad I researched before upgrading. I am tired of carrying two phones!

0 Likes
userSfTH7OoJUj
Astronaut
Options
Note20
nope
0 Likes