Original topic:

Wireless charging and bluetooth issues on my Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 10:40 PM)
userIDJ72sK6ke
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi folks,

wireless charging stopped working AGAIN after the last update Samsung pushed. What is wrong with them? Do they ever test their code?

Are there any known fixes to restore wireless charging with 3rd party pads?
This pad was working with the original release, but every other update seems to disable it. 

Trying to pair my outdoor tech bluetooth headset. Getting an error that an app is required. Outdoor tech told me that is wrong no app is required. And these have been successfully paired with multiple phones before including Pixel.

Quick google reveals that this is some sort of Samsung bug. Any workarounds or fixes? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@userIDJ72sK6ke 

Have you tried wiping the device cache partition? This is often helpful after a system upgrade. Sometimes cached values become corrupted during the update. Wiping the device cache partition does not remove any apps nor any user data. 

0 Likes
userIDJ72sK6ke
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks, following the internet instructions and some help from Samsung L2 support, I wiped out bluetooth cache, which allowed me to get my headset connected. Looks like a bug in Samsung code dealing with devices which can have multiple bluetooth profiles. 

Still no joy for wireless. Samsung L2 support indicated that I have wait for yet another update.

How do I wipe the cache partition on the device? I really want my wireless charging back.
Samsung L1 support is just about useless. Their advice, buy new Samsung headset. But looks like at least at L2 level samsung can offer some help for their users. 

0 Likes