cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Xbox Game Pass redemption code not working.

Hey all ,

I received the xbox game pass redemption code from samsung with my preorder of the Moga x5+ controller and it will not work no matter how I redeem it. 

Ts steps:
- tried in app
   - app downloaded both play store and samsung store and neither allowed me to redeem 
- tried in chrome and samsung browser same error 
- contacted samsung member chat support ( no help) 
- verified I had all 25 digits correct.  
7 REPLIES 7
Asteroid

Re: Xbox Game Pass redemption code not working.

I'm having the same issue

I followed the intructions and tried it on the app and everywhere else but all I get is

(Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.)

Astronaut

same here....

Asteroid

same here. i was reading the fine print and came across this

* 3 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership not valid for existing or prior Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. Streaming limits apply to game streaming (beta).

if this is true its straight Bs

This code ONLY works if you have NEVER had this service before.  So if you already signed up for the service at $1 for the first month, then the code would not work for that xbox account.  I know this because that is what I did...  i contacted microsoft, and they canceled my game pass subscription, and then the code worked.  I am not sure if it would work for you guys this way as it was canceled the same day I signed up.

Another option would be to create a new xbox account.

Asteroid

Hello Everyone

So i have resolved this issue. So unfortunately if you have xbox or are already a memeber code will not work. I already have xbox live so i could not reedem this code. What i did to solve this issue is i contacted Microsoft. They will try to trouble shoot the code but in the end they will make it work.

The steps:
1.Call Microsoft Customer Service. For some reason the rep was not too familiar with this promotion.
2. The Microsoft Rep Made a claim and they will send you a Email. We waited about 10 mins to receive the email so be patient. In this email there will be a link you have to click to upload screen shots. 1st one of the amount of Time of the reedem code is giving you, in this case it is 3 months and a screen shot of the actual code. You will have to write down the claim number they supply you with on the screen shot. ( Good thing you purchased a note)
3. From they they should reedem the code. in my case i have xbox live for a year so in my case i received 15 months of game pass.
hope this helps and good luck any question i will snoop around this post/blog to help out
Astronaut

TLDR - This worked for me, even after having used the 1 month promo offer and not having to create a new account.

I got Xbox support to call me using their portal, give any reason as you'll have to explain to the rep about this issue anyways. The first rep I spoke to got in touch with their senior techs and they weren't being helpful. They explained that this promo can't be applied to my Xbox account since I had already used the 1 month offer and didn't really offer any suggestions around this. I even had to suggest that I could just create a new account and apply the promo to that as a workaround. I ended the call and the following day called them back again. This time around the rep was not aware of the offer but handled the call as explained above in the previous post. My Xbox account has now been credited with 3 months subscription.

Constellation

how  did u guys got your redemption codes? i didn't get any emails. where can I find the redemption code?