Original topic:

bluetooth couldn't connect note 20 ultra 5g for wireless connection to DeX on Windows 10 PC

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 05:18 PM)
Computer Chris
Asteroid
Options
Note20

A little over a month ago when DeX Windows PC S/W updated I lost the ability to wirelessly connect my Note 20 Ultra 5g to my PC. I reset the network, reset the Cache's and finally did a factory reset on the phone after backup only to come to the unfortunate conclusion that the DeX wireless platform was no longer available. I tried connecting the phone using BT to Linux Mint - no problem - unfortunately the is no DeX for Linux. Tried it with Dell XPS 8920, Dell LT G5, Windows Surface 6 Pro, all had the exact same issue leading me to think the issue was in FACT the DeX S/W. 

Well... I can report that the wireless connectivity is back working again since the DeX S/W update (2.4.0.24) - I AM SUCH a happy camper again. Thank you Team DeX for FINALLY coming up with a resolution in a VERY reasonable amount of time. It works a little differently than before in that you start DeX on the phone which will then automatically launch DeX on the PC - IF, it is installed and updated on the Windows PC. I have verified that this works on the Dell systems along with the clone PC i9-9900K. Thank you - Thank you Samsung. I love my Tech stuff and DeX is the BOMB!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
sparky3
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Mine won't find any devices
0 Likes
G35913
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Aye chris... it says that I'm signed into Linux on my device which is a Samsung a21 fe g something. And simultaneously it says I'm signed into my samsaung and fe g something. And I always sign out of Linux when I can. And sometimes the **bleep** blocks the sign out option. What the **bleep**?

0 Likes
Computer Chris
Asteroid
Options
Note20

As stated in the original post DeX is not native to Linux other than Samsung's Android for Note 8 models and newer. Not sure I follow your message very well, but, I would suggest that you make sure your updates have been applied on both ends, Android and Windows. I am currently testing DeX running on Windows through Wine for Linux. Info is a work in progress... wishing you luck on your journey.

0 Likes