JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cant stop "read report will be sent" message

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 11:23 AM)
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

When leaving from one message group for another, I get "confirm - read report will be sent " I have "delivery reports" turned OFF in "text messages" and "multimedia messages " section.  Even with a reboot, I cant stop this annoying message.  I'm using a Note 20 Ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

I know how extremely frustrating this can be. This usually happens when someone on the same network as you and using the same messaging app sends you a message. Every time a person who has their read reports on sends you a text and you have turned off the read reports feature in the settings of your app; you will get a popup on your screen saying “Confirm read report will be sent”. Blocking read reports in your app is one option for correcting this, but it doesn't always work. Another way is to toggle the read receipt button in the app between the off and on positions and then restarting the phone. You can also ask the sender of the message to turn off their request for the read receipts for your number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

26 Replies
userfR3hZ1P9Wk
Constellation
Options
Note20

I also having this same annoying experience..

Drec25
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yeah I'm having the same issue! Does anyone have a solution for this annoying problem?
userJNGQz2K07U
Constellation
Options
Note20
me too
penpen21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I am having this issue too, it seemed to start yesterday. I have not updated any settings nor updated anything.

userCKCtFBgBA5
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same! It started on my galaxy s20 about a week ago and nothing will stop it. I had a software update come through a couple days after it started. I hoped the update would fix it but it didn't. It's extremely annoying! 

Mobrown
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Me as well! ugh
userc2NKqQAaGm
Asteroid
Options
Note20
me too and it started after my update like a week ago on my S8
userc2NKqQAaGm
Asteroid
Options
Note20
how do we get it off do we have to contact Samsung for this issue directly? for now I'm gonna YouTube it to see
0 Likes
Gslope
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have looked on YouTube (and everywhere else) and there is no answer at present.  Samsung MUST fix this!!  This is the most annoying thing I am dealing with concerning this $1500 phone!