JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cant stop "read report will be sent" message

(Topic created: 06-25-2021 08:31 AM)
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

When leaving from one message group for another, I get "confirm - read report will be sent " I have "delivery reports" turned OFF in "text messages" and "multimedia messages " section.  Even with a reboot, I cant stop this annoying message.  I'm using a Note 20 Ultra.

26 Replies
Xclusve671
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same here [Galaxy s10, one U.I. 3.0 android 11 😒
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Does this issue still occur when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

yes, even in safe mode

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

I would recommend that you clear the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device
0 Likes
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Yes, I did this when I first found the problem.  But just in case, I cleared the cache partition about an hour ago.  Unfortunately, the "confirm - read report will be sent " popped up again.

0 Likes
lisisme
Astronaut
Options
Note20
When I send a message only to certain people I get a delivery report sent to my notifications from the top of my screen. Why and how do I stop it
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

I know how extremely frustrating this can be. This usually happens when someone on the same network as you and using the same messaging app sends you a message. Every time a person who has their read reports on sends you a text and you have turned off the read reports feature in the settings of your app; you will get a popup on your screen saying “Confirm read report will be sent”. Blocking read reports in your app is one option for correcting this, but it doesn't always work. Another way is to toggle the read receipt button in the app between the off and on positions and then restarting the phone. You can also ask the sender of the message to turn off their request for the read receipts for your number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.