Original topic:

esim availability on the note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 11/2/20 6:38 AM)
AG6
Halo
Options
Note20

Hi there, prior to purchasing my note 20 ultra I contacted Samsung twice to confirm the US variant will have esim and nano SIM. Both times it was confirmed that they will be dual SIM support via esim and micro SD card slot for the US.

Just got my unit and there is no esim. I ordered from Amazon and it's an unlocked version by Samsung. Is there a different model that has esim in the US?

Thanks
72 Replies
userMP8npPMXMR
Constellation
Options
Note20
CONFIRMED NO ESIM ON ANY NOTE 20 OR ULTRA VERISON.
0 Likes
userjdmhPqwoxD
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Truly unbelievable, this is a very unprofessional. Misleading information about the dual sim/ esim. And what is worst is that no one from Samsung comes out and explains why did they lie. 

I guess back to Apple, at least the don't lie and respect their consumers.

userI97T3SJahR
Constellation
Options
Note20

I purchased a Note 20 Ultra (which would have been my 3rd Note) but after 2 hours in thr AT&T store with multiple employees and the Samsung rep they were unable to activate an eSIM. I told them before, that was the ONLY reason I was purchasing the phone. I said I would not be purchasing the phone if it didn't have a functional eSIM. They said "oh but it will be added later with a software update!" Sure.... would you buy a car with half of the advertised features? 

I will now be purchasing my first iPhone as it is already working on current models and is clearly advertised as working on the new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I must have two numbers for work and personal and I refuse to carry to separate phones. Get your stuff together Samsung!

userbgfcwXtwZ8
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi, the Note 20 Ultra does have eSIM, we need to wait for Samsung Update.  That is clear already.  But WHEN is the question?  . Same as all of you, I went from my nice NOTE 10+ just for the eSIM.   

SAMSUNG TEAM please provide a date of realease of the upgrade for eSIM in the USA.   

TechMommy
Constellation
Options
Note20

Well at least we know it's coming. I have 2 IMEI's on my box so I know it's coming I'm just excited to know when.

0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I don't take the two IMEIs as any sort of proof we are going to get it. The Ultra hasn't gotten it's promised esim update and that's pushing a year old. I'm afraid we may have been duped.
Options
Note20

@TechMommy,

How's that waiting going with esim? Activated yet? Smiley Wink

TechMommy
Constellation
Options
Note20

no lol, Im guessing they are waiting

userQO8bP07cVk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@userI97T3SJahR

Wise man!  People can't trust Samsung to follow through on their promises.  

Samsung and carriers play this little game where they point fingers at each other (wink wink), knowing full well they both agreed not to implement features that the carriers don't want.

Motorola used to do the same thing with Verizon way back in the Droid Turbo days.

usergY25jpUK0Q
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same here absolute disappointment. I wish I could send this phone back and go back to Apple for that very reason.  total bait and switch in my opinion.