Original topic:

esim availability on the note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 11/24/20 10:35 AM)
AG6
Halo
Options
Note20

Hi there, prior to purchasing my note 20 ultra I contacted Samsung twice to confirm the US variant will have esim and nano SIM. Both times it was confirmed that they will be dual SIM support via esim and micro SD card slot for the US.

Just got my unit and there is no esim. I ordered from Amazon and it's an unlocked version by Samsung. Is there a different model that has esim in the US?

Thanks
72 Replies
oceanduh
Asteroid
Options
Note20
yall aint reading the fine prints 🤦‍:female_sign: features and capabilities may vary depending on market and availability.
AG6
Halo
Options
Note20
I confirmed twice with samsung they said the US unlocked version will have dual sim capability via physical nano SIM and esim.
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Note20

Because of this I had to purchase a none USA dual SIM note 20 ultra which won't have a one year warranty nor 5G in the USA.  So yeah we all feel short changed somewhat.

0 Likes
Options
Note20

@oceanduh  did you miss something before making that posting? Most people who posted specifically stated that they contacted Samsung reps AND their carriers to verify dual sim capability in the US before purchasing the phone and they LIED. After finding out the lie a couple of days before receiving my note, I returned the Note 20 Ultra before opening it, and just waited on the iPhone 12 series to drop. In the end I just purchased the iPhone 12 Pro Max because there is no fine, ambiguous print on the US Apple website that states the phone has dual sim capabilities that are not useable in my location and I can attest to switching both my number to it last Friday. Can Sammy provide that ability in the USA currently: NOPE! And Samsung wonders why their Z Fold 2 and note 20 ultra's are not selling well... Too many promises made that were not delivered!

userQO8bP07cVk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@oceanduh  The fine print changed, the bar moved.

One shouldn't  have to be aware that Samsung is listing features in the specifications for models that aren't even sold in one's country.  Samsung USA shouldn't be listing features for phones that aren't officially sold in the USA, or don't even have a U.S. warranty. That's just shifty.  Then Samsung promises a forthcoming software update that never comes.

userEAPHxTdkNr
Astronaut
Options
Note20

LET'S create a twitter campaign to put some pressure on Samsung they lied to us

AG6
Halo
Options
Note20
Are there any variances that have esim enabled? I see GoogleFi has a note 20 ultra and I know the service is esim friendly
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
None of the North American varients have esim enabled including the unlocked, Fi sold model.
phdshum
Astronaut
Options
Note20

i live in hong kong, and have a note 20 ultra 5g dual sim verison. mine does not support esim too.....

0 Likes
userJcRoJiljX1
Constellation
Options
Note20
seriously, why no esim when the hardware is there?
0 Likes