JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

esim not working - refund?

(Topic created: 01-22-2021 02:52 PM)
user5ei5erosnv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Samsung advertised esim availability with this phone. Five months later, it still doesn't work, at least in the USA. Has anyone been successful in getting a refund? 

7 Replies
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@user5ei5erosnv 

I understand there was some confusion, because it is offered in some markets, but in the US, it was always very clearly stated that Note20 and Note20 Ultra are:

1. Single SIM models

2. Use of eSIM on Galaxy device may be enabled by software update or disabled in some countries where it is purchased.

There is no eSIM support for the US Note line, it was never promised at any point as far as I know. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

Not to nitpick, but...

2. Use of eSIM on Galaxy device may be enabled by software update or disabled in some countries where it is purchased.

Does not implicitly state that it is NOT available in the US.  eSim IS available in the US, so why would it be disabled for Samsung in the US?  Is there somewhere we can go to see why Sasmsung wont allow this in the us market where both Samsung and eSim are available?

Options
Note20

I won't agree with the points you make, simply because of the story as is today. Look to FAQ on S21 series on US site where Samsung clearly states they do support eSIM and advantages of it. Don't tell me it's an error/ omission. That's a lie, bait and switch technique.
Even the phone will go out on 29th at large it's available on display with all service suppliers (AT&T, T-Mobile etc,), BestBuy including unlocked model and so. Guess what? No version has eSIM.

Their updates after launch, after lot of people got stuck with 1k device on lies and promises.

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@MisterySmile 

We're not talking about the S21 series, we're talking about the Note 20 line. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Options
Note20
Me too... the S20 and S21 are just two other series which just proves Note20 was not an isolated case of bait and switch.
userSfTH7OoJUj
Constellation
Options
Note20
when I bought fold 2, they said they will update. never happens
nickadi13
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I just downloaded the new update to my fold2 yesterday and no esim! I was specifically told by Samsung they were working on it and that it should be in the next update. I only purchased a fold 2 because I was told it had dual sim capability by a samung customer service rep.