cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

fingerprint reader not working with screen protectors

This is a very expensive phone and I paid full price for it.  Although Samsung has tried to improve the glass the fact remains that it is still vulnerable in third party testing.  I want to protect my investment with the best case and tempered glass that I can.  Unfortunately I also want to protect my accounts and the fingerprint reader does not want to work with any tempered glass screen protector I have tried so far.  I did find one that seemed to work for the first few days after I applied it but then even it stopped working and i cannot afford to replace it every 2 days.  Please Samsung give me some helpful advice!??

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: fingerprint reader not working with screen protectors

Register your fingerprints with the screen protector installed.
Highlighted
Astronaut

yeah reregister your fingerprints. I'm using rockfilm and it works perfectly. I also turned up the sensitivity.
Highlighted
Asteroid

film is the only cover that works on this phone in conjunction with the finger print scanner. tempered glass will not alow the ultra sonic vibrations the phone uses to read your fingerprints to pass properly im surprised you had it work for even a few days i suggest the best case like otter box defender series or other similar case and a good film to cover the screen
Highlighted

From My understanding, Whitestone make a "Dome Glass" that many users on this forum say works well with the in screen fingerprint scanner, and is a glass screen protector.  I have watched a video on youtube that shows the install process, it is arduous, and the protector is expensive, but if you have a friend that has a Note20 device like yours, you can split the cost as it is a pack of two...

https://www.whitestonedome.com/products/copy-of-galaxy-note-20-ultra-dome-glass-tempered-glass-scree...

The above link is for the Note20 Ultra, but they do have one for the standard note on that same site if that is what you have.

Highlighted

that is 100% on your research bud. they tell you in description if they will or not work. tempered glass for example won't work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C9ZYF6S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_D4LIFbK4PZEFM

this one I use and it works even with the touch sensitivity turned off. and this is also a privacy protector been using this type sense galaxy s6. and have never cracked a screen. fits with cases too.
Highlighted
Astronaut

turn it off not very accute.code is better and safer
Highlighted
Comet

As others have written: stick to film protectors. The only TG that claims to work is Whitestone, but it's very expensive, hard to install, very fragile, and WILL reduce the accuracy of the FPS.