cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

fingerprint sensor issues

Everyone cried about the fingerprint sensor of the note 8, which was located right next to the camera on the backside. However I never had issues unlocking my phone. Usually worked on the first or second try.

I love that the sensor is now behind the screen but very often I reach my 5 unlock attempts and get locked out. Even tho I have added the same finger multiple times with different positions.

Anyone else having the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: fingerprint sensor issues

I've noticed if I have anything at all on my thumb it won't read my print at all even if my hands are just a bit sweaty. I usually just wipe my thumb on my shirt first and it works first try every time. I also noticed if I don't have a screen protector at all it will work even if my hands are a bit dirty so I'm guessing my screen protector must be interfering with the sensor.
Highlighted
Sun

we use hand and finger print sensors to log in at work and it fails at times from smudges on skin.
Highlighted

You should add a second fingerprint. I think you can do up to 3. I did both of my thumbs.
Highlighted

I have multiple fingers and multiple versions of the same. the experience with my note 8 one was just way better. only issue was a wet finger, but that is still an issue on the note 10.