JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fingerprint sensor not working after one ui 3.0 update

(Topic created: 01-04-2021 10:08 AM)
meech101
Halo
Options
Note20

I just deleted my fingerprint an now i can't register my orint anymore stops at 18% says make sure fingerprint sensor not covered need help tried resesting phone nothing works 

16 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@meech101 do you have a screen protector installed?

meech101
Halo
Options
Note20
yes but its the one i been using
0 Likes
meech101
Halo
Options
Note20
i just changed my prints when i put the protector on worked just fine soon as i do the update phone starts acting up
0 Likes
Pablo12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes. The same one Bestbuy put on the day in early Dec 2020 when I bought my s20se. It worked back then but not after 11 update.
Solution
meech101
Halo
Options
Note20
you might have to backup ypur phone an hard reset not factory reset hard reset
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
make sure touch sensitivity is still turned on.
0 Likes
meech101
Halo
Options
Note20
did that also still dont work
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

have you tried it in the safe mode?