cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

how to completely disable bixby?

I want it gone.  I hate it.  My biggest gripe is that when I am on bluetooth headphones I cannot tell it to shuffle my music.  It will only use Spotify.  I will never use Spotify or streaming music.  I don't care if they have a partnership and get kick back payments for forcing people to use Spotify.  I don't want it, I don't need it, I will never use it.

I have 500 songs downloaded to my note 20. I just want to tell it to shuffle my music when I am riding. I am going down the road on a motorcycle. I can't take the phone out, unlock it and push play on samsung music. What good are voice commands if I have to pull over to the side of the road, park the bike, take off my glove, pull out the phone and do everything manually?

I want bixby completely gone so that my bluetooth commands go to google assistant, as that actually works.

Can anyone help me or do I need to just get a phone that allows me to do things they way I want? You would think that I was on an iphone...
1 REPLY 1
Constellation

Re: how to completely disable bixby?

figured it out. had to use ADB through a command shell to disable two of the bixby services, and now my helmets bluetooth commands go straight to Google Assistant. it still wanted me to unlock when I told it to shuffle my samsung music, but I just added the helmet as a trusted device under the smart lock tab and now it works like I wanted it to.