JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to disable or uninstall link share?

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 09:56 AM)
Resident_Psycho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Note 20 ultra. How do you disable or uninstall Link Share? It's annoying and ridiculous to have this. I just want to send a text message pic as a text message. There's no reason for link share.  Please help! Thank you in advance! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Resident_Psycho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
so I figured out that if you at any point sent something with link sharing in a text message, you have DELETE the whole text conversation after disabling link share and direct share

View solution in context

12 Replies
Onui
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Go to Settings > Advanced features > Direct Share and turn it off.

userPqp2MICu0T
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks

Resident_Psycho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I did turn off direct share that way. When I go to send a pic in Samsung messages to automatically wants to send it through link share. there's a little blue "link share" icon at the bottom of the message, but its shaded out and I can't disable it. direct share is off, I went into the link share app and removed all permissions also. Still won't disable.
PokeRaider
Constellation
Options
Note20

same

0 Likes
MAGAnator
Astronaut
Options
Note20
before you select the image you want to send, the icon will light up blue. At that point you can disable link sharing
Solution
Resident_Psycho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
so I figured out that if you at any point sent something with link sharing in a text message, you have DELETE the whole text conversation after disabling link share and direct share
useraP51FunTgG
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Thanks for this!  This did the trick for me.

userjFcIYHVpLd
Constellation
Options
Note20

@Resident_Psycho 

Found out that if you can find the media you sent using link share, you only have to delete that item, not the whole conversion. If you delete only what was sent with link share, you'll then have the option to turn off that little blue "cloud" for link share. Hope this helps! 

userLOC7w3Jep8
Constellation
Options
Note20
how do you disable link share its nowhere to be found
0 Likes