cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

main camera focus problems

I've been having issues with primary sensor not focusing on launched, often it appears to launch attempting to focus at its minimal distance and you can watch the autofocus attempt to lock on, or won't even attempt. Usually I can fix this by moving something close to the lense which seems to get the focus to kick in but this is kind of unacceptable. It's almost like the laser focus isn't working right.

Edit: after further testing, I can confirm that the problem
-Exists only in 12mpx mode on the main camera
-is notably worse in bright daylight
-Exists in video mode too, and is even more obnoxious as the focus is locked on a single plane and won't alter at all
9 REPLIES 9
Asteroid

Re: main camera focus problems

Do you have a camera lens protector installed?
Asteroid

Re: Re: main camera focus problems

Nope

what's your software version? did this happen after the recent software update or something? 

Asteroid

Tmobile Note20U on the October patch. Problem began before the patch and briefly went away after but has returned since
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming this.

Were you able to try the steps I previously posted?

Asteroid

yeah sorry just now had time to actually test it. problem persists in safe mode and after clearing the cache
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device. 

You can also try clearing the cache/data on the Camera app to see if that helps any.

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "Show System Apps" > find and click on Camera > storage > clear cache/data.

Asteroid

Persists in safe mode and after clearing data and cache separately and simultaneously
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information. 

• Model number
  • IMEI number