Original topic:

memory consistently crappy on note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 2/27/21 9:04 PM)
sunny28
Explorer
Options
Note20
So ever since I got this phone(unlocked note 20 ultra) I've not really had more than 5 gb available... My old s10+ 1tb version consistently has over 7 gb available. 

4.8 gb after clearing the memory. I've used the bootloader to clear cache partition and still doesn't do much, gets me to 5.5 gb at the most. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@sunny28 

Free RAM with today's architectures is wasted RAM. The OS and apps keep items in RAM to speed up execution and user experience.

If you are running out of RAM, it would be a problem. 

sunny28
Explorer
Options
Note20
thank you for clearing that up, thought if it was on the fuller side I had a problem. Could you just clarify what running out of RAM would be, like 1 gb or less free? :) sorry in advance for the dumb question.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@sunny28 

Running out of RAM would be your applications and OS complaining to you that there is no memory available. 

VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@sunny28 generally you really don't need to worry about how much ram is being used, or excessively clearing your ram. Android does a great job handling memory, so if you aren't having any issues there is absolutely nothing to worry about. :)

sunny28
Explorer
Options
Note20
@LongHiker @VerbumVeritum thank you both for the explanations, I was a little paranoid cus my mother's iPhone was hacked so been trying to make sure my phone is "healthy", and running smooth. thank you again!