JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New OTA update screws up all the apps

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 10:41 AM)
usertwh8O3onFd
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have the Note 20 Ultra on Sprint/T-Mobile, I received the new OTA update yesterday, since then I can't save anything to my phone, view PDF's, snap pictures and save them, view my gallery, receive push notices to my phone etc.

I checked the permissions everything is turned on.

Also, I tried doing a clear cache partition, but that didn't help.

Any ideas? I don't want to hard reset my phone [not sure if that would help anyhow]

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

If you are still experiencing the same issues after wiping the system cache partition and the symptoms are still occurring in safe mode, I would recommend fully backing up the device and perform a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step to take but doing this will reset the device back to its factory settings.

Also, make sure all apps are up to date as well. Just a heads up, the new update still may not be compatible with all apps just yet. I recommend continuing to check back for future updates in the galaxy store or play store.

View solution in context

5 Replies
userO1qrQPZdjV
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same issue on Note 20 Ultra, unlocked on Tmobile.  It occurred this morning after I updated the gallery app from the Galaxy store.  Tried clear cache, data, partition per support.  None worked 

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

I know that this does not help you, but I can attest that this is not just the update causing this, as it does not happen to me.  I just got the update today on AT&T, and confirmed that I am now on OneUI 3.1.  Since the update, I have saved a picture received as a text to my gallery. I have opened a .pdf file in Notes, Google Drive, and Office. I took a picture, and viewed it, and others I have in my Gallery.  I have not requested or received any push notifications, but am confident that they will come through.  I updated all of my apps via the Samsung Store, and via Google play, and everything is working for me. 

Try booting into safe mode to see if a third party app may be causing your issue, maybe?

0 Likes
userO1qrQPZdjV
Constellation
Options
Note20

I didn't have any issue after I updated to ui 3.1.  The issue occurred this morning after I updated the gallery app on the galaxy store.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

If you are still experiencing the same issues after wiping the system cache partition and the symptoms are still occurring in safe mode, I would recommend fully backing up the device and perform a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step to take but doing this will reset the device back to its factory settings.

Also, make sure all apps are up to date as well. Just a heads up, the new update still may not be compatible with all apps just yet. I recommend continuing to check back for future updates in the galaxy store or play store.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes