JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

no heart rate monitor sensor in note 20 ultra?

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 06:13 AM)
Options
Note20
So there is no way to measure heart rate, stress or blood oxygen with the note 20 now? Send like a big step back from the note 8. Disappointed.
30 Replies
Solution
AuggieR85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
The S20 does away with Samsung's heart rate sensor, a feature that's been with the S series for a long time. Many people use this feature a pulse oximeter with Samsung's Health app, so you may be surprised to find the S20 no longer supports the feature. If you don't have a fitness band or smartwatch with this functionality and absolutely need a phone that can check your pulse, the S10 and S10+ are the way to go.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
user2EY2bIdFuK
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi,

Thanks for your post, I was struggling to find a way to measure my oxygen level in the Note 20 Ultra, but couldn't do that until I read this post.

The Samsung galaxy watch doesn't show the oxygen level, only messure the heart rate and the stress level.

Gladly I still have the Note 8, I will keep using it for that purpose. 

userKYW3rtesUg
Constellation
Options
Note20

Wait!!! The gear s3 classic and frontie measure the same as the s10 and below... and I believe the gear active does as well...  so don't give up on samsung watches... I use them to monitor my o² levels.... and my heart rate... seems to be doing just fine

Predator
Galaxy
Options
Note20

@userofiQlWfjtz wrote:
So there is no way to measure heart rate, stress or blood oxygen with the note 20 now? Send like a big step back from the note 8. Disappointed.

This is a Phone, get a Watch 

AuggieR85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Yes you must have the watch to do so. As expensive as this phone is you would think it would have all the features previously in prior flagship plus more.
usernCxcl0fpEA
Constellation
Options
Note20

That's how they get you to buy accessories. I was super disappointed to find this feature was taken away. More expensive phone that has features taken away that older phones still have... super bummed. I'll use my old fashioned oximeter after I exercise I guess.

user49HbFHDt4c
Constellation
Options
Note20

This is a phone, with a built-in heart rate sensor.

What was the point of Samsung including the heart sensor on the newer devices if they were disabling the feature. We as customers have the right to be confused and frustrated with Samsung deleting features we've come to rely on.

@Predator wrote:

@userofiQlWfjtz wrote:

This is a Phone, get a Watch 

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

The Note 10+ does not have the sensor either. 

iFORGOT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I was going to mention just this. last series to have it was the s/note9
0 Likes